Ni Hao!
That is the only Chinese word I know - hello. Yesterday I visited the Forbidden City, but for some reason my card reader won't read the counterfeit 4GB camera card Anders bought in London (Anders, WTF? Please advise!). But today I used my normal, legit 2BG card and headed down to the Temple of Heaven. I rode the subway all by myself. I am continuously gawked and chuckled at. Attached are a few images you might find interesting:
1 - me at the temple of heaven (god bless automatic timers)
2 - the temple of heaven (where emperors prayed for bountiful harvests and celebrated winter solstice)
3 - on Wangfujing street, the busiest shopping area, a picture monument to the recent earthquake
It's only 8pm here and I am really tired. Off to bed with me! Tomorrow I am taking a rickshaw tour of the old Hutongs - or homes. This is supposedly a good way to view of the "real" China. I don't know what the "fake" China would look like...Epcot Center? It all looks pretty real to me...
I will be starting a blog so that I won't have to email everyone so often - or in other words, I won't constantly annoy you with my emails. I will keep you posted!
Zai Jain!
I love you!
Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment