Um, people...it is currently -27 degrees fahrenheit in Hohhot. It was so cold today that on the way to and from school, the snot froze in my nose, and my eyes watered incessantly in order to keep my eyeballs from freezing into icy orbs. It is RIDICULOUSLY cold. Tomorrow I do not teach and I am planning on staying in bed where it is warm. I can't remember the last time i felt cold weather like this. Tomorrow the high is -17 degrees! We're having a heat wave!
Of course the day was warmed with the usual excellent quotes. I don't know where my kids come up with this stuff.
Question: Who is a person that cooks dinner? (Answers in their books include "cook", "mom", and "dad").
Answer: A housewife!! (said by my famous 7 year old incredulously, because she thought I was an idiot for not knowing that housewives are the only people who cook.)
Quote from adult student: "Kendall! I am so sorry I'm late to class! The bus is like a giant turtle!"
Quote from adult class: "Where there is real love, there is a way."
(This quote was created by playing the game "Telephone". The original quote was of course "where there is a will, there is a way", but I prefer the new one...)
I leave for Shanghai on Saturday and will spend 6 days there. Chinese New Year is on Sunday, and I am wishing everyone much luck in the new lunar year. May all of your fabulous housewife dreams come true....
Love,
Kendall
No comments:
Post a Comment