Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Chinese students rock...

You know that TV show "Kids Say The Darndest Things'"??  Well, my Chinese students say HILARIOUS things.  I'm trying as best as I can to keep track of them, but it's difficult, because I laugh so hard every day and I can't remember them all.  I am really enjoying each and every one of my students.  Here are some examples of hilarity:

Question:  What is something nice to drink on a hot day?
Answer:  SCOTCH WHISKEY!!! SCOTCH WHISKEY!!! (shouted at the top of her 7 year old lungs)

Question:  What is your favorite movie?
Answer:  High School Musical (see people!? it IS cool to like these movies!)

Question:  Why do you like High School Musical?
Answer:  Because the boy falls into a love river (duh Kendall)

Question:  Do you know what pajamas are?
Answer:  Yes, I do, but I believe it is most healthy to sleep without them (the entire class agreed. China is full of nudists!)

And perhaps the best and most inspirational answers I have received were from my adult students tonight.   In honor of our new president, I asked them about Obama, if they liked him (an unanimous yes) and WHY they liked him.  

Question:  Why do you like Obama?
Answer:  Because he is a black man, because he is kind, because he is kind to China, because he has many Chinese on his staff, because he will end the war in the Middle East, because he will fix the American economy, because he is a good father, because he is brave, because he makes me feel hope...

Here's to that hope...
I love you all,
Kendall


No comments:

Post a Comment